No more slipping mattresses with these 6 simple tricks!
A mattress that shifts around on its frame is one of the most common causes of restless nights. Getting the recommended seven to nine hours' sleep on a sliding, shifting mattress surface can feel like trying to sleep in one of those funhouse rooms where the floors keep moving. 1
The bright side is that there are several easy ways to fix a sliding mattress. Find out what's causing your mattress to slide, first. Then, check out our simple advice on how to prevent the mattress from moving around.
Casper mattresses are designed to provide the best sleep possible with just the right amount of grip, support, and comfort. Never again will you have to worry about falling asleep on the bathroom floor.
How Come My Mattress Keeps Shifting?
If your mattress has a slippery surface, you must first determine the cause of the problem before you can fix it. The cause may lie anywhere from the age and condition of the mattress to the structure of the bed itself.
One or more of the following are likely to blame for the frequent shifting of mattresses:
- Age of the mattress - It's not nice to think about it, but our bodies secrete oils, sweat, and other secretions while we sleep, which can build up over time and make for a slippery bed. Over seven years of use on the same mattress should be a signal that it's time to upgrade. If you suspect you have a bad mattress on your hands, there are a number of warning signs you should be aware of.
- Dimensions of the mattress and bed frame must be compatible for comfortable use. There is a greater chance of the mattress slipping off into the empty space around the edges if it is too small for the frame. Stop hoping your king bed frame will fit a queen mattress and get the right size mattress instead.
- Bed frames and slats that aren't level or are too wide can affect the stability of the sleeping surface. When you go to sleep, does your bed make noises? If that's the case, your support structure might be the root of the issue.
- In spite of the aesthetic appeal, bed frames without rails pose a safety risk because, like unrestrained horses, mattresses can easily escape. A railing can keep your mattress in place if you toss and turn during the night.
- Low levels of friction could be the cause of your slipping mattress. Some brands of latex and memory foam mattresses are infamous for having significantly lower traction than others. Casper ensures that all of our mattresses have adequate grip, but if you're using a different brand, the material may be the problem.
The Solution to the Mattress-Sliding Problem
Have you identified the cause of your mattress' nightly slip-and-slide routine?
If you're looking for a solution, we have six simple tricks that will have you sleeping peacefully—and in one spot—in no time.
First-Rate Grippers for Rug Pads
As effective as rubber pads are at preventing rugs from bunching up underfoot, they are equally useful in preventing a mattress from sliding around on the floor. They come in a wide range of sizes and prices, making them an accessible and worthwhile experiment with minimal risk.
Simply position the rubber pad grippers in the space between your mattress and the slats or bed frame.
Gripper Mats, Number Two
Mattresses that don't slide around can be kept in place with the help of non-slip mattress pads. In addition, a mattress pad is a bit more long-lasting and is available in standard mattress sizes like twin, king, queen, and full. In contrast to a mattress protector or mattress encasement, a mattress pad can actually increase the overall surface cushioning.
A mattress and Velcro strips may seem like an odd combination, but they have been used to secure a wide variety of items for decades. It turns out that fastening a velcro strip to the top and bottom of your mattress and bed frame is a simple and inexpensive solution to the problem of your mattress shifting while you sleep.
4 - A Suction Device
Despite their innocuous-sounding moniker, the dust bunnies that like to make a home under your bed are anything but. Any accumulation of dust on your bed's surface, whether it be the mattress or the frame, will make your bedding more slick and facilitate mattress movement. 2
As a quick fix, you can use the mattress/upholstery tool of your household vacuum.
No. 5: Install a Handrail
The addition of a rail to your bed frame is another option for preventing your mattress from sliding, though this may not be appropriate in all cases. A movable railing can be bought or, if you're handy, built.
Fillers and Mattress Extenders, No. 6
If your current mattress is too small for your body, you may be able to avoid buying a new one by using a mattress topper.
Gap fillers and mattress extenders can be used to get the extra length or width you need without breaking the bank, and stuffing or other padding can be used for a quick fix.
Suggestion: Get a Casper mattress.
Health problems can arise from not getting enough sleep because of a mattress that slides around during the night.
Don't let a slipping mattress keep you awake any longer than necessary.
Is the mattress too small for your favorite bed? Possible advanced age Maybe your latex bed is too slippery for you to ever figure out how to get comfortable on it.
You should get a good night's sleep regardless of the circumstances, and a new mattress is often the fastest way there.
Casper offers a wide selection of high-quality mattresses to ensure that you get a good night's rest every time. Applying these methods could prolong the life of your mattress, but sometimes a new beginning is exactly what the doctor ordered. If you think it won't be long before your current mattress needs replacing, you might as well get a head start on budgeting for its replacement.
365 Nights of Bliss: Embrace the Nectar Experience, Risk-Free Satisfaction Assured 2023-09-07 00:02:14
365 Nights of Bliss: Embrace the Nectar Experience and Indulge in Risk-Free Satisfaction. Enjoy Ultimate Comfort and Uninterrupted Sleep. Discover the Perfect Mattress Today!
Selling a Preowned Mattress: A Comprehensive Step-by-Step Manual 2023-09-06 00:43:08
Looking to sell a preowned mattress? Our comprehensive step-by-step manual has got you covered! Discover the best strategies and tips to successfully sell your used mattress and maximize your profit. Start selling now!
My Solution to Repairing My $1000 Drooping Mattress 2023-09-06 00:41:38
Discover the ultimate fix that transformed my $1000 sagging mattress. Save money and sleep better with this simple yet effective solution. Click now for the secret to mattress repair success!
7 Spaces Dust Mites Invade (Even Your Bed!) and How to Get Rid of Them 2023-05-26 00:03:10
Dust mites may not pose a significant threat to health, but their existence can cause trouble for allergy sufferers. When symptoms flare up, many people are left wondering how to get rid of these pesky nuisances.Dust mites thrive in numerous areas throughout a home, including mattresses, and are often